The DropflapDiaper and PottyPants
- Elimination Communication made easy
- This is how you practice EC with the DropflapDiaper
- The standard sizes of the diaper and pants
- A variety of materials for EC too
- Completely unique: The custom diaper
- Recommended absorbent inserts for the DropflapDiaper
- How to combine the PottyPants with the diaper
- How to wash the DropflapDiaper and PottyPants
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How th DropflapDiaper and PottyPants came into being
ELIMINATION COMMUNICATION MADE EASY
It's here at last, our DropflapDiaper. With it, you can easily help your baby to eliminate outside of the diaper from the first day of life. It's the perfect back-up if you practice elimination communication (EC). And all you need to do is hold your baby safely in your arms. No fumbling, no diapers falling off.
And after you've done your business, you quickly close the diaper again. Were you too slow and something got into the diaper? No problem either. The buttoned waterproof inner diaper means that nothing can get in, and the insert can be easily replaced in the tried-and-tested WindelManufaktur manner.
The DropflapDiaper consists of a special outer diaper and a belly belt adapter. With this, the diaper stays on the child even when it is open. In addition, you need an inner diaper (of course, the inner diapers of our diaper system in the corresponding size fit here) and absorbent insert. With the absorbent material you are extremely flexible. You can adapt it to your child's individual needs.
The DropflapDiaper at a glance
- special cut that makes it much easier to remove the diaper
- one-handed opening and closing of the diaper possible, whether right- or left-handed
- no asymmetries during growth - the belt always sits in the middle and the diaper never pinches
- diaper does not fall down or come apart while being held down
- one inner diaper for all: fits in the hold-off diaper as well as all other outer diapers
- removable belly belt adapter - diaper can be used like a normal outer diaper
- can be buttoned onto the PottyPants
DropflapDiapers in our shop
Our PottyPants are a perfect match for the DropflapDiaper. They turn your diaper into an outer garment because they keep the diaper area free. This means that you don't have to pull down your trousers when you're holding them off. Simply go into the squat position, unfold the diaper and you're done. And the great thing is: the little legs stay cosy and warm the whole time. After removing the diaper, you can simply button it back onto the trousers so that even the most mobile child can't slip out of place.
The PottyPants at a glance
- perfect complement to the DropflapDiaper
- pants stay on during removal
- generous opening so that no elimination gets into the pants
- diaper can be buttoned directly onto the pants so that nothing slips out of place
- comfortable slip-on cut with soft waistband, adapts to every little belly
- leg cuffs that grow with the baby can be easily rolled up
PottyPants in our shop
DROPFLAPDIAPER IN OUR CLOTH DIAPER BUNDLES
THIS IS HOW YOU PRACTICE EC WITH THE DROPFLAPDIAPER
How do you use the DropflapDiaper and PottyPants from the WindelManufaktur?
The principle is simple: after you have snapped in the inner diaper and filled it, you put the diaper around your child's tummy using the belly belt adapter. Then fold the front flap upwards and fasten it to the belly belt adapter.
To remove the diaper, simply open the flap again. The diaper stays securely on the child thanks to the belly belt adapter and does not fall off.
If you combine the diaper with the pants, you simply button the flap onto the corresponding snaps of the pants instead of the belly belt adapter.
The video is the best way to explain how to use the DropflapDiaper.
THE STANDARD SIZES OF THE DIAPER AND PANTS
Like the other outer diapers of the WindelManufaktur system, the DropflapDiaper is available in three sizes:
- Size newborn: 2-5 kg
- Size 1: 4-11 kg
- Size 2: 9-19 kg
You can use any suitable inner diaper of our diaper system. As usual, you are super flexible when it comes to the absorbent material.
The PottyPants are available in sizes 1 and 2 for the time being.
A VARIETY OF MATERIALS FOR EC TOO
You may already be familiar with the fabrics used for our products from our outer diapers. Both the DropflapDiapers and the pants are made from high-quality fibres such as cotton, wool or linen. The inner fabrics are made of cotton or wool. The cuffs are made of wonderfully soft cotton or wool rib.
COMPLETELY UNIQUE: THE CUSTOM DIAPER
Would you like to have a completely individual diaper that is unique for your child? Then why not have one custom made for you! You can either choose an enchanting fabric from our shop or send us your very own personal piece of fabric. In the shop you will find more detailed information in the respective product descriptions for the custom DropflapDiaper. You can have it made in the sizes newborn; 1; 1.5 and 2.
The PottyPants can also be custom made. So, you can have your very own perfect collection tailored. The PottyPants are available in sizes 1 and 2.
Recommended absorbent inserts for the DropflapDiaper
Recommended absorbent inserts for the disposable diaper
You might be wondering which inserts are best to use? Well, basically you can use anything you normally use for your cloth diapers.
If you don't have any experience with either cloth diapers, we recommend that you prepare to use DropflapDiapers as often as possible and that you use absorbent material in one piece. Our organic cotton terry cloth insertsare great for a start.
It is very important not to use a stay dry liners. Your child wants to feel the wetness so that it can give you a sign.
Do you want to know more about EC and potty training? On our knowledge pages you will find lots of tips and tricks as well as the technical background.
DropflapDiapers without belly belt adapter
You can also use the DropflapDiaper as a normal outer diaper if you don't need it. To do this, simply leave out the belly belt adapter and button the front flap to the side wings. The DropflapDiaper differs from the other outer diapers in that it is snapped on the side and the wings are underneath the front flap.
HOW TO COMBINE THE POTTYPANTS WITH THE DIAPER
After you have put on the diaper, you put on the PottyPants like normal pull-on pants. Now reach under the waistband and undo the snaps on the diaper. Now button the front flap to the corresponding snaps of the pants. The diaper is then attached to the pants so that nothing slips.
You can also combine the PottyPants with other diapers designed for EC. In this case, of course, the snaps remain unused and the cuff for the diaper cut-out may not fit the diaper so perfectly.
HOW TO WASH THE DROPFLAPDIAPER AND PANTS
- We recommend using a normal colour detergent.
- The first wash should be done in the washing machine. After that, hand washing is also possible.
- Please open the diaper so that the fabric can be rinsed thoroughly. For all subsequent washes, you can close it to protect the cuff.
- recommended washing temperature: 40 °C, sometimes 60 °C if the diaper is very dirty.
- spin at a low speed (800-1,000 revolutions).
- do not use fabric softener
- do not tumble dry
- not suitable for ironing
- please wash with the same colours
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR DELIVERY SYSTEM
HOW THE DROPFLAPDIAPER AND POTTYPANTS CAME INTO BEING
We are very proud to be able to complete some long-standing projects and thus also to fulfil some eagerly awaited customer wishes. Like the jersey diaper, a DropflapDiaper was a frequently requested item from our customers. A whole team worked tirelessly on it until the prototype was finally ready for production. We have the highest standards in order to be able to provide our elimination communication families with the ultimate three-piece DropflapDiapers with matching PottyPants.